Technology Spotlight -- Honda Sensing
Honda Sensing® provides drivers with an exclusive suite of intelligent safety and driver-assistive technologies, aiding drivers in maintaining awareness and alertness while behind the wheel.
Honda Sensing® is comprised of six major systems:
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW) detects when your vehicle is straying from its lane and warns the driver with audible and visible alerts.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) automatically adjusts steering when the vehicle begins to veer from the center of the lane.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM) sends a gentle vibration to the steering wheel when it senses the vehicle is straying off the road without indication.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) aides in braking when it senses an unavoidable collision with a vehicle in front.
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW) is designed to work in sync with the CMBS™ by utilizing a small, front-mounted camera to alert you when you are at risk of a forward collision.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) lets you set a following distance on the freeway and automatically adjusts your speed to maintain the preset distance.
Honda Sensing® also incorporates Honda LaneWatch™, Blind Spot Information System, Cross Traffic Monitor, and Auto High-Beam Headlights on select 2018 Honda models for a more comprehensively safe driving experience.
Visit Floyd Traylor Honda today for a test drive and see this game-changing safety technology from Honda in action
- + Disclaimers